Tuesday 30 October 2007

I went to a talk by a comedian/journalist and an ex army dude about the war in Iraq today, and it was worthwhile. I found out many interesting things that i didn't know.

Daylight savings has recently kicked in - it is now 4:15 and it is already getting dark - hmph. I guess this is what i sort of excpected when i came here - i'll have to try and monitor peoples happiness, because i have heard that people get more depressed when it is less sunny.

This thursday we are going on our trip to Dublin - it will be very exciting. So i'll miss a day of uni on friday, and also one on Thursday as i will be attending the Exchange study fair. Should be a laugh talking to the British about how Sweet Newcastle is.

It is getting close to Halloween now and they use it as an excuse for a party here - and i have just been to my first one. I dressed up as a gym instructor from the 80's. Here people seem to dress scarily, which is what i thought you were meant to do. But i've been assured by some Yanks that it is cool to dress as anything... I'll throw some pics up soon.

No comments: