Saturday 5 January 2008

From Suffolk to Seppos

On the 27th i took a coach back to London and stayed at my Great Aunt Alison's place. The following day was my birthday and Emma my Dad's cousin came around and we had a marvellous big breakfast. I then ventured into Bayswater, a suburb in London to meet up with my American friend Andrea and her boyfriend Adam. I met them no probs at the hostel that they were staying at and we had an all you can eat pizza lunch for only £5 down the street, before i took them on a walk all accross London. Having spent about a month in this massive city i was just like a tour guide, which felt a little odd, but i think i did a good job. We walked through Hyde park, past Buckingham palace, the Guards avenue, Trafalger square, along the Thames opposite the London eye, past Big Ben and the houses of parliament and over Westminster bridge where we bought some roasted nuts. By this time my Seppo* pals were quite exhausted having been up for 18 hours and were a bit jet lagged, so we called it a day and went our separate ways. When i was back at Alisons i had a fantastic bath with almond oil, the lights dimmed, a good book, and rain tapping on the skylight - what an ace way to finish a 20th birthday!

*slang term for Americans (Americans are often called yanks which rhymes with tanks, septic tank = Seppo)

No comments: