Sunday 30 September 2007

03/09/07


I woke up that night because I was thirsty having only drunk fizzy drink that night but was momentarily stumped as to what to do about it. Normally I would go and drink some water from the tap - but Kai had said that the water was too chemically for drinking – was this just like townies saying ‘ohh our water tastes yucky, I prefer bottled water’ or would this water actually kill me? Choosing life, I went into the kitchen and drank as much sparkling mineral water as I could, which wasn’t very much , as this is what Kai gave me yesterday when he offered me some water. I then went back to sleep with a very airy feeling in my belly. That morning after a quick breakfast Dai walked me down to a nearby train station, helped me buy an all day ticket and sent me on my way. I arrived in central Stuttgart no probs and then found the information centre without any difficulty. Thankfully the Porsche Museum wasn’t closed on Mondays like the Mercedes one and with some guidance from a very helpful lady I found the train to go there. The train station is called Porsche platz (Porsche Place) and it really wasn’t hard to find the Porsche dealership from there. I walked in and had a fair mosey around taking some happy snaps and then headed back outside to find the museum. This was a little harder that the dealership to find and I had to walk about 300m around the block. The room had about twenty cars in it and these were all pretty sweet – I even saw my hero car the 959 from 1987 (a good year for stuff) although its body looked a bid second rate (it was made from fibre glass) compared to the much newer Carerra GT that it was parked next to. What do they say about meeting your hero’s??? I asked the friendly assistant if she could put English sub titles on the film that they were showing and she said she could throw up an English version in ten mins, which she did. In the mean time these two men dressed in Black with long black hair came in and started taking photos of all the cars, then the assistant opened the doors for them and they took interior shots – I though they might be publicity guys but one of the men kept getting in the photos as well and later they watched most of the movie with me.After the film it was bout four o’clock and I was getting a bit peckish so I wandered back outside and it was raining, but i had my jacket on so I kept going regardless. The further I walked the harder it go until my white pants went pretty see through (I seem to have this problem with my pants) so I walked into another Porsche building to dry off and because there was a customer restaurant on the top floor and as I bought a 3 euro fifty model car from the museum, that included me. When I go tot the restaurant It was completely empty so I thought I would have a self guided tour of the building as I had missed out on the factory tour. I started at the top of the stairs and check out some riveting storage rooms, and then a very interesting air-conditioning room, then I opened a door to a room that had about thirty businessmen all sitting around a big table, I meekly closed the door and scampered back down the stairs – end of the tour.

No comments: