Sunday 30 September 2007

26/08/07

The room that I stayed at the last night cost 27 euro and I was changing to a 17 euro place for this night – the bummed thing was that the shower was cold and that my eye brow had swollen up for some reason. The two cups of tea at he complementary breakfast calmed me down greatly and put me once again in a good mood to tackle the day. When you think of French food – particularly breakfast, croissants, par chocolates and other special things are sure to arise – as they should because the French certainly love them, but they also don’t seem to mind really basic things which is perhaps why they don’t all get fat. The free breakfast at the hostel was a bread roll and jam. That day I climbed the Eiffel tower to the second floor, which is right up there on my things that are big list, apparently it was the tallest man made thing until the 60’s – it has been used for everything over the years and has even had an elephant up to the first floor; went to the Arc de Triumph where I saw a very good looking couple and became aware of how everyone else is here with someone or are in a group – its funny how travelling alone alternates between a sense of independence and loneliness; dropped into the Renault dealership in the Chom de lees eh and watched a formula 1 race where about one hundred and fifty people were watching it on big tv screens and they all cheered and clapped when Lewis Hamilton ( a Mercedes driver) got a flat tyre but also when all of the drivers finished and the race was won by a Ferrari; went back to Bastille and had a crush on a girl who worked in a DVD shop; hired the DVD ‘Taxi’ and watched it at an Internet Café, I thought it would have English subtitles but I was wrong, I picked up most of the story though, mainly cool French car chases and slapstick – I’m giving it 4 stars; decided to ask out the DVD lady, got disappointed when she wasn’t still working; returned to the same internet café to check emails; had my bag containing my passport, camera etc. given back to me by the owner as I had left it there after watching the movie, then went to my hostel room which had a floor that was covered in water from the small attached bathroom – at least the shower had warm water though.

No comments: