Sunday 30 September 2007

Day 5

We crossed the boarder back into France and travelled along way past some sweet as bro’ scenery of the French Riviera to a small town on the coast. Here after setting up camp and having dinner we went to the beach which was a 15 minute walk away. It was about 9:30 when we got there and the sun was just setting and we skipped across the smooth stones into the deep water of the Mediterranean sea and played with a ball, had swimming races and skipped stones. At the same time some African drummers started to play and a bonfire was lit, it was awesome. After that we played some putt putt in one of the coolest courses I have ever played – it had loop the loops and jumps and river crossings – A-grade fun! We finished up at about 1 o’clock with ice creams – where I was the butt of my first French joke. A random guy that I passed pretended to take my ice-cream and he said ‘merci’ which I knew meant thank you! Ha what fun the French are! The next day we had the option of going to Cannes or Nice – I opted for Nice. The town was having lots of road works done which didn’t help the atmosphere. The beach itself was amazing – the water was so brightly coloured blue that it looked like there must be something wrong with it. There were a couple of waves, but you wouldn’t want to ride them as you would be hammered against the stones on the shore. It was here that I realised the shorts that I have been using as boardies were see through – oh dear! The beach was packed with people sunbaking either on the public beach on the stones or at private beaches on deck chairs that you would have to purchase. After a lunch from the supermarket and some ice cream that I seemed to have a lot of where ever I went we headed back to the campsite.

No comments: