Sunday 30 September 2007

06/09/07

Once I arrived in Paris I walked around some dodgy streets near the station until I found an internet café, where I was able to confirm that I wasn’t staying at a fellow couch surfers place, so I made tracks for the youth hostel that I stayed at before. Unfortunately they were all booked out, but fortunately the helpful man there was able to get me in contact with another hostel pretty close by. I wandered around the area for about 45 minutes trying to find the other hostel but after a few moments of panic I found it at about 11:00. There was a friendly Swedish bloke staying in the same room as me as we went out and got a pizza and chatted until about 1 o’clock. On the way back from the pizza place we saw a guy sleeping in a phone booth, wedged in a V shape, his head on one side and his fee propping the door closed, he looked like a backpacker. The following morning I got up at 7: 30, had my complementary breakfast of croissants and hot chocolate and managed to book myself a ticket back to London.

No comments: